Friday, April 11, 2014

Chris P. Bacon My Life so Far is a must read

Chris P. Bacon: My Life So Far...Chris P. Bacon: My Life So Far... by Chris P. Bacon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I cannot recommend this book enough. I loved that it is about a pig that has special needs. It is okay to have body parts that do not work. I am studying to become a special education teacher and I find this book both endearing and educational. Chris finds his forever home with a veterinarian and many different animal friends. He always tries to be positive and not let his wheels get him down. The best thing about his new life is He "gets to meet people and animals who are different...just like," him. What a great way to encourage children to celebrate their differences and be proud of whom they are. At the end of the story there are actual pictures of Chris P. Bacon with his human and animal family, my favorite part of the book. My recommendation; Read this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment