Friday, April 11, 2014

Kobee Manatee Review

Kobee Manatee Heading Home to FloridaKobee Manatee Heading Home to Florida by Robert Scott Thayer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a cute book but the reading is too hard for the 4-8 year-old age range. If the book is read aloud to the child, then the parent or teacher can explain the concepts and more difficult words. I do not recommend reading this book on an e-reader; you need to be able to show the pictures along with the words which I was unable to do on my e-reader. I read this book to the kindergarten/first grade special education class I work in and they could not follow the story line and the facts at the same time. If I read the story then went back and read the interesting facts they understood them separately. I really liked the interesting facts and think they could be made into a great science lesson for older students. I found the facts informative and fun but for younger students the wording needs simplification. I recommend this book to children who are 7 or older unless it’s read aloud.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment