Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Book Review: Ashton Park by Murray Pura

Ashton ParkAshton Park by Murray Pura
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I could break down what this book is about but since it is scheduled for release soon I know there are many reviews out there that break down what the book is about. I will focus on my thoughts of the length of the book and the multiple conflicts that happened to the family.

I really enjoyed this book other than how long it was. I am used to reading a book in 1 or 2 nights. It took me a week to read this book. I would have liked it better if it was broken into 2-3 books and made into a longer series than what is planned.

I found myself frustrated as one conflict after another was faced by Danforth family. I am a teacher and I teach my student's that they should have one conflict in their stories they are writing. Since the book is longer than the Christian Fiction books I normally read that is why there are multiple conflicts. I just found myself wishing the book would end before something bad happened to the family again.

There are 2 different points in the book where 2 people who are at each others throats and ready to kill each other, then without warning or explanation they are friends and helping each other out. I feel that with Sir William and then with his sister Holly the change from enemies to friends should have been better explained. I found it very confusing and I had to give the book only 4 stars because of it. Yes there could be the inclusion of expectation in these two conflicts in the story but I feel they were not left in a sense of expectation, only in one of confusion.

I did enjoy the ending of the book and will most likely read the next book in the series just to find out what happens with the family and the one main conflict that was left unsolved, baby or no baby for a family member...??? Guess we must wait to find out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment