Saturday, December 29, 2012

Book Review: Secrets by Robin Jones Gunn

Secrets (Glenbrooke, #1)Secrets by Robin Jones Gunn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Secrets is a wonderful book about starting over and learning how to trust God in everything. Jessica is trying to escape her father's overbearing nature. Her biggest problem is first not trusting God in her change in life careers and choices and second in lying to everyone about who she is and why she is starting over.

Jessica through a horrible scare, being stuck in Mexico all by herself in a disabled truck while thieves ransack the cargo out of the back, finds her way to trusting god for everything in her life. This book has a great moral of always trusting God because he will always take care of us, whether it is food we need, protection or to find the love of our lives, God knows what's best for us. we must always trust God to protect us, even in our darkest moments when our lives are in danger, God, is there to love and protect us.

I really liked this book. I found it's lessons to be ones I have learned in my own life. I too have gone into hiding and had to trust God to keep me safe when everything around me was dark and scary. I love that once Jessica trusted God Greg was then open to date her. The story line taught of keeping a high moral standard and how just one mistake can change our lives. As a teacher I would love to use this book in a reading lesson, although public schools probably would not like me using a God based book. I will definitely be recommending this book to my friends and family and I will also be reading the rest of the books in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment